Make sure you have these elements in your dataroom before meeting with investors
To make sure you have a complete data room before meeting with investors, we advise the following:
- Ensure you have your income statement and balance sheet in a monthly format for at least the last 24 months. This only applies if you have not connected your systems directly to the ICM.
- Include forecasted financials in a monthly format for the next 24-36 months.
- Finally, upload your company overview / management presentation to the data room
These three assets are usually requirements for investors, so it’s important to make sure these are available before engaging investors.
Other assets that investors may ask for (or appreciate you having in the data room) include:
- KPIs / business metrics file (e.g. retention metrics if SaaS)
- Capitalization table (also known as a “cap table”) (if applicable)
- Loan tape (only applicable to specialty finance businesses)
- Customer transaction tape (usually applicable to retail, ecommerce and subscription businesses)
The ICM data room makes uploading, archiving, and maintaining these assets easy. And because it’s a secure, centralized area for investors to obtain these files, it reduces the need to email updated files to each investor.
For more help see these related articles: